How to join
Registering with us gets you lots of great benefits. If you wish to join the British Board of Art Therapy – BBAT, you can opt to pay by card, or direct debit . Once your payment has been successful, you will receive a welcome email with further information, including your login details for accessing the member zone on our website.
Please select the membership category below that applies to you and complete the online application.
£60 / year
Our membership benefits include…
- Networking with colleagues and like-minded people with a passion for art therapy, and opportunities to become involved with helping to develop the profession.
- Access to the members’ area of our website, which offers a wealth of resources, documents, and guides for professionals and trainees.
- A comprehensive range of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses specifically aimed at art therapists, at discounted rates.
- Four free CPD evening workshops throughout the year.
- Access to a library of free CPD resources to help support your professional work.
- Full members will have access to a CPD platform that allows them to record and update their CPD regularly, in a format that matches the requirement of the HCPC audit and which can easily be copied and pasted if selected for HCPC audit.
- All members can join a regional group and full and trainee members can join any of the Special Interest Groups, which provide opportunities to network and engage with colleagues within the forum and attend free art therapy events and meetings that count as CPD.
- Free access to all International Journal of Art Therapy articles and the journals of our partner professional bodies in the USA and Canada.
- Free access to our magazine, InSight, including member-only articles about the art therapy profession and our work.
- Regular bulletins with all the latest art therapy news and updates.
- Access to a Rewards Scheme offering cashback and discounts at major retailers.
- Various discounts on insurance, books, and other items relevant to art therapy.